#SalonManagement - Part 2 @LTA - Choosing the Right Structure for Salon & Spa Business
Choosing the Right Structure for Your #Salon & Spa Business
Salons & Spa can be a good financial risk for people who are not aware of the latest trends and lack the knowledge of managing skills of a business. While contemplating of starting a business, the very first step is the composition of a business strategy. A right #business strategy helps the beauty professionals develop a plan of action for starting a business. A suitable business strategy for a salon covers the areas such as services, location, pricing and economic growth.
#LTASchoolofBeauty recommends a few steps to look at the right structure that can lead your business reach greater heights.
- Point out services offered at your salon. Will it be selective? Such as only nail, beauty service, hair and makeup studio or full bouquet of services.
- Determine the advantages your salon will offer the clients that other salons in your area do not. This is your niche and you can build this on your own.
- There are many salons offering spa services in addition to hair styling in order to entice the customers to purchase a mini-spa experience. Consider what you are going to offer.
- Define the size of the salon based on the number of services and clients on an average you’ll be catering at a time.
- Who are the group of clients you’ll be serving? –specifically one gender or both genders. Determine the class of clients you’ll be serving based on socio-economic status.
- What will your services include? Home service or service only during festivals, grooming services during a marriage or assisting all #beauty and hairdressing benefits.
- Decide whether you intend to start a single unit or multiple stores simultaneously. The types of services that you are planning to offer will also drive the location selection.
- These are some of the important aspects you need to consider before commencing a business in #beauty and wellness industry and if you follow ‘It will make a huge difference later on.’
Watch this space for next topic on Choosing the Right Location of Business.
Vaishali K shah
Founder & Director
LTA School of Beauty